Friday, January 10, 2014

How I Know Heavenly Father Loves Me

Do you ever have moments where you sit back, take a look at your life, and feel overwhelmed at how truly blessed you are by a loving Heavenly Father? I am having just such an experience this week, but it really started over a month ago, I’m just seeing the benefits of it all right now. 

I have a car payment (blasted little thing) and I had been thinking of getting it refinanced but hadn’t decided whether or not it was worth it. I was looking at my finances a couple of months ago and on a certain day, felt overwhelmingly that I needed to do it and to do it right then. So, I stopped what I was doing, called the credit union, and took care of business. That was all well and good, and I saved myself some money monthly, but even that isn’t the greatest part of it. And the other thing you have to know to get the full picture is that I pay a little extra every month if I can to reach pay off as quickly as possible.

Fast forward to this week. Every once in a while your finances come down to a point where EVERYTHING you could possibly imagine is due at the same time. For me, it was looking like my rent, power, car payment, tuition, insurance (you get the idea…EVERY SINGLE BILL) was going to be due in the same week. And even with my best savings plan it looked like it would be possible, just EXTREMELY tight! Well, once it’s all said and done (and without putting all of my business out there), thanks to paying more ahead on the car and doing the refi, my next payment isn’t due until February (that gave some extra money). I have a great opportunity with work to help balance some of this issue and pay day is coming. What under regular circumstances would have seemed impossible is totally working out. 

This is a testimony to me that Heavenly Father loves me and wants me to succeed in my life. Additionally, these are some of the blessings I’ve received from paying tithing. I testify that the Lord keeps His promises when we do what he asks of us.

No comments: