Sunday, September 15, 2013

2013 Primary Program - I Am a Child of God

Today was one of my favorite days!! Each year, the Primary children focus on a theme for the year, with sub-categories for each month that tie in with a song that we teach and practice. In September, the children present that year's Primary program. For our Primary, today was the BIG day! I'm currently the music leader and so it's sort of the culmination of the work we've been doing all year. I stress EVERY year. I worry I haven't taught them well enough. I think of all the things I wish I'd done differently. But then the day comes and there is no more I can do than to lead them and help them remember what they've learned.

Today was one of the BEST programs I have ever been a part of. The words the children spoke were their own, it was not a canned presentation where parts were assigned. This was their testimony and we all sang together. It was wonderful! I was one happy Primary Music Leader. It was one of those days where I NEVER want to have any other calling. It makes all the long days of music time worth it! I LOVE these kids and I'm so proud of them. They are such a force for good, a righteous generation, and at this point, some of them may not even realize it, and if they do they have no idea the scope of influence they can have!! I just love KIDS!! They truly are children of God!!

No comments: