Saturday, September 28, 2013

Recent History

I'm not even sure where to start! A LOT has happened since I last posted (and that was only two weeks ago!). I started school! And it would appear that I have turned into quite a little nerd...I get giddy to sit down at my computer and do my coursework. It also helps that I'm in a program that I love and I'm taking classes that I'm really interested. I will always remember some advice my grandfather gave me regarding school (or really any decision in life). He told me that it didn't matter what anyone else wanted. I needed to do things in life for me because I wanted them. If I had really followed that advice, I would have changed majors (and possibly schools, so I'm glad in the end I did what I did) as a freshman right out of high school. But when I took a break from school and took time to work, that was what I wanted and felt good about it. And, though it isn't right for everyone, I'm so glad that I took time to really prepare myself. I wasn't ready at 18. At this point in my life, it is what I want!

Also, my dad went through his heart valve replacement surgery. This man is a trooper. It hasn't been pleasant for any of us by any stretch of the imagination, but it's been a good learning experience. I gained a greater appreciation for the things my parents have done for (and continue to do for me) and of being able to be here in Georgia at this time. Had I still been living in Utah with everything going on, I'm pretty sure I'd have already had some sort of panic attack worrying about them (they have a tendency not to tell me everything that is going on). While I know they still don't tell me everything, by being around often, I'm hoping to be observant enough to know how to help, and when they REALLY need help (yes parents, this is about you...talk to me!). :)

Okay, so maybe not a TON of things have happened, but it sure has been busy. I love this little life of mine! I'm so grateful for a loving family that currently is scattered all over the place. I have older siblings I haven't seen in quite some time, but I'm so grateful for them and love hearing and seeing what is going on in their lives. I'm so proud of this family of mine. :)

No comments: