Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Monthly Recap - June

Well, it's mid-July and I JUST realized that I never did a recap for June!! Slacker! But that is sort of how the month went.

Read the Standard Works cover to cover: I got behind (again) and started losing steam. I needed to be to Mark 10 by the end of June to stay on track. I made it to Mark 7 (I think it was). By the end of the month I was ready to modify my goal and say that I woudl finish this goal, but that it may not happen in this calenda year. And then I got angry with myself. So, I'm not quite back on schedule, but I'm not backing down!! I have a LOT of catch up to do because July has already been shaky, but I'll make it!

Walk 500 miles: This goal was impacted negatively because of the little incident where I jumped on that nail. To be honest, it STILL hurts to walk on my foot, and it has been over a MONTH (insert voices of wise people who tell me I need to go to the doctor)! I took it easy the last part of the month (read: I didn't walk at ALL), but I decided that under the circumstances I would accept another tracking measure. I took up bicycling (sort of) for a few days to keep the pace and activity level. I only made it to 40 miles (not 42 as planned). I walked for the first time last night since the accident and I won't lie...my foot is killing me today. But I am now 5 miles into July and have about two weeks to make it the other 37 miles (minimum). Time to suck it up, soldier!!

Grow my hair long and donate it: This one is starting to get on my nerves. It was getting so long and stringy that I finally had to get a trim (thanks, Mom!!) and it's given me just enough of a change to be satisfied. One of my good frineds, Sister McCracken, got her hair completely chopped off in a pixie cut...it is ADORABLE and I'm going CRAZY!! I miss my short hair, although I can already feel being sad the day I do cut my hair and miss being able to pull it back...I'll never be satisfied. :)

Okay, I have a LOT of work to do in the next two weeks. Wish me luck!!

No comments: