Friday, May 24, 2013

Playing Mom - Day 4

Tuesday was one of my favorite days! I got LM ready for school and as we were walking out the door, he grabbed one of his public library books and asked if he could take it to school with him. I told him I'd prefer he didn't as it could get lost or stolen, or just mixed in with all of the school books. I told him he could take it in the car with him and then leave it there so it would be waiting when I picked him back up. He wasn't pleased with this arrangement, but he did agree to it.
As I drove down the hill again, I was expecting a repeat of hugs and kisses as he jumped out of the car. Instead, he held the book in his hand and looked at me and asked if I was sure he couldn't take the book with him to school. I told him he was correct and he laid the book down gently in the seat. He got out of the car, turned around, looked at me and said "I can see you just don't trust me", and calmly and quietly shut the car door and walked away. Talk about a guilt trip! I felt TERRIBLE!!
As I drove away from the school I kept thinking to myself that I was failing at this whole mom thing...then I remembered I was only the babysitter and it wasn't the end of the world. And it wasn't. He was happy to see me when I picked him up from school and there were no other issues.
 
After that little experience, I went to the Boston Temple and met my good friend, Terry. It was such a beautiful experience. Here are just a few pics from that trip!
 


 
 
I had been on the ground a full three days, headed into 4, and still had not had my beloved cannoli! I decided that would be the PERFECT way to end my temple trip.
 
Look at the beauty that is an Italian pastry shop! I want them to teach me their ways! Waycross needs this and I just may be the woman to bring it them...if D'Amici's will mentor me...or let me eat a lot of their goodies...either way.

The PRIZE!!


No comments: