Friday, May 24, 2013

Playing Mom - Day 3

Monday morning I woke up with the sun (believe it or not), and this was the view from my bedroom! Ah, tell me again why I choose to live in the swamp??
 
The most memorable story of this morning was taking Little Man to school. As we crossed the top of the hill and were approaching the school (don't worry, I was stopped before he did this), he got out of his seat, grabbed my face and gave me a kajillion kisses and squeezes before he jumped out of the car, told me he loved me, and ran down the hill to school. Ah, it was just one of those moments.
 
I was a little lame and made my first stop in town the mall. We just don't have that kind of shopping where I live and I was in need of a few things. And I LOVE the things I always find in Boston.
 
I forgot how much I live driving down this street in Peabody with the patriotic stripe.

Driving back by the beach!
 
Monument hill in Swampscott was beautiful!
 
I'll have to post the recipe for this another time, but the story is the most important thing here. I asked LM (I'm abbreciating now) what he wanted for dinner. I told him I could make chicken or something else (I don't remember the other option). He said he would like chicken, so silly me decided to try a new recipe. I used a pretzel crust that would bake crispy and also be a bit salty. I also made a honey mustard dipping sauce (delicious!!) to go with it. He took one bite, pulled that face that only kids can do, and said, and I quote "what are my other options?". I made him something else, and I had chicken fingers for lunch for the next three days.

No comments: