Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Monthly Recap - April

April has come and GONE!! This is insane! Here's a status update on my 2013 goals!

Read the standard works cover to cover: According to my handy little chart, I needed to read through Proverbs 27. April was not good for me as far as staying caught up goes. I would read everyday, but fell behind a little. And by a little I mean that I had to read over 150 chapters in the last 5 days. But I'm happy to say I made it and I will not get that far behind again!! Stressful!

Walk 500 miles: The minimum goal for walking is 42 miles per month. I made it 50! And I'm happy to say that this includes a few days off due to vacation where I walked a lot, but didn't track any of it! Not a bad month if I do say so myself!

Finish sewing a baby blanket: I sort of failed this goal for April. I got a little sidetracked and didn't get as far as I would have liked. But I did make some progress and I am going to finish it...sometime this year. :)

Grow my hair out and donate it: Another month down and I haven't cut it yet!!! I have started curling it to give myself some variety and I'm finding that I really like it! The only problem I have is that I saw a picture of myself with really short hair the other day and I realize that I miss it... A LOT! So, I'm going to avoid those pictures of myself and take more pics with this long hair.

Attend General Conference in person: Yep, I did that!!I can't believe it was just a few weeks ago - time really flies when you are having fun! Attending General Conference truly is one of the highlights of my life! It was an awesome experience. If you are planning a trip to Utah, make it coincide with conference and go! You won't be disappointed!

May will bring many new adventures and I'm so excited! I get to go to Boston for a week (!!!!!), I have at least one temple trip planned, activities for YSA, progress on all of these goals and I need to come up with a new monthly goal for May. I guess I had better get that figured out in the next few hours so I have plenty of time to get whatever I decide to do done! Bring it on!

No comments: