Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Saturday Sales

On Saturday morning we loaded up 5 out of 6 of our roosters and were headed to the farm sale. We piled in the truck (the roosters in the back) and we were off!
 
It's only a 30 minute drive, but I started getting a little bored, so I occupied my time by taking pictures of myself. This is the only one that actually looked halfway decent. It's difficult to take a straight shot flying down the road (at least for me).
 

Dad almost always falls asleep as soon as he gets in a car. He kept falling forward and looked like he was kinking his neck. I woke him up and told him to lean his seat back so he could relax. As you can see from the picture, that plan failed!
 
 I didn't take many pictures at the sale because I was talking it up with a lot of people, but I did manage one shot.

This guy cracked me up! Gun rack mounted to the front of his golf cart with the gun he just purchased (I watched that sale go down).
 
We enjoy watching the cat being tormented by the mockingbird outside. He flies from one banister to the other in front of her, and when she is outside sitting ont he porch, he sits on the flag pole and taunts her, and at times even swoops in and pulls her fur. One day he's going to get it...and then we'll know how to kill a mockingbird. 
 
In case you're wondering, we're not very good sellers. We left the sale with all five of our roosters plus five more babies, and had to pay the $10 fee to sit & sell (or talk)! We will be much more successful next time (that, or we'll be having a lot of fried chicken).

No comments: