Thursday, February 7, 2013

Forget Me Not


This is one of my most favorite talks of all time. I listened to it this morning before work and on top of the already good mood I’ve been in, this elevated me even more. It was given by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf of the First Presidency on September 24, 2011. To read the whole talk (and I STRONGLY suggest you do), click here.
In the meantime, though, I will share just a couple of his concluding paragraphs with you as it also summarizes his talk.
“My dear Relief Society sisters, you are closer to heaven than you suppose. You are destined for more than you can possibly imagine. Continue to increase in faith and personal righteousness. Accept the restored gospel of Jesus Christ as your way of life. Cherish the gift of activity in this great and true Church. Treasure the gift of service in the blessed organization of Relief Society. Continue to strengthen homes and families. Continue to seek out and help others who need your and the Lord’s help.”
“Sisters, there is something inspiring and sublime about the little forget-me-not flower. I hope it will be a symbol of the little things that make your lives joyful and sweet. Please never forget that you must be patient and compassionate with yourselves, that some sacrifices are better than others, that you need not wait for a golden ticket to be happy. Please never forget that the “why” of the gospel of Jesus Christ will inspire and uplift you. And never forget that your Heavenly Father knows, loves, and cherishes you.”

No comments: