Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Heed the Warning

A few weeks ago I got in my car and was driving to work. The temperature had dropped and had cause my tire pressure warning light to come one. I remember the first time this happened when I was living in Utah and was experiencing "real" winters. I was panicked because I didn't know what that light meant and was fairly certain my car was going to stop functioning entirely before I was able to get home and review the manual. Luckily I discovered that the cold weather caused some sort of change in the tire pressure, but that it would readjust itself with no worry. And that's exactly what I felt...no worry.

Fast forward to the present day. This light comes back on and because our temperatures have dropped and have been fluctuating regularly, it doesn't go off. As I was driving around town on Saturday running errands, I began to wonder if perhaps there is actually something wrong. Even when it warms up, the lights stays on...this "problem" isn't resolving itself as it had in the past.

I thought in my life how many times I'm given warning lights" about a situation and I naively think that "oh well, I've seen this before and it wasn't anything to worry about", when in reality, a warning light is still a warning light and should be heeded. If its determined there is nothing to worry about - great! However, it seems to me that it is better to realize those things sooner rather than later.

I haven't had this warning light checked yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to. :)

No comments: