Monday, September 13, 2010

Stop At Nothing

I was talking with a friend a few days ago and he challenged me to push harder, to stop at nothing for the things that I wanted. Initially, I had several thoughts in my mind of things that I wanted. Initially I felt empowered by this thought and resolved to accomplish the goals that I had in mind.
A day or so later, though, I found myself still pondering this and it brought a second, much larger question to my mind. What do I REALLY want? What is it that I want to fight for in my life? All of a sudden, I felt that I had limitless possibilities. When we had this conversation at first, I had thoughts in mind, but I had, unintentionally, limited myself to just certain things and I couldn’t move past that. But now, I feel this complete freedom to change everything that I had thought for myself and move in entirely different directions.
I guess the point I’m trying to get at is that we shouldn’t limit ourselves to the things we think we should do, or just to the things we think we can do. Go for your hopes and dreams. If you’ve been idly wishing for something, now is the time to take action. If it’s something you can’t do for yourself, plot the course on how/what needs to happen for it to work. No matter what, though, don’t give up!

No comments: