Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Regional Conference Thoughts

This past weekend we had a regional conference with several church leaders. It was an absolutely amazing experience. I want to share one thing I learned from each of the speakers.
Elder Stephen R. Snow
Remembering the past gives us the courage to move on
Sister Julie B. Beck
We’re doing better than we think we are, but we could always do a little more.
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
Go when you’re called to serve in whatever capacity; there is work to do everywhere.
President Boyd K. Packer
Satan can only have power over us if we choose to let him.

Sunday night, we also got to hear Elder Richard G. Scott at the CES Broadcast. Often times, when people speak of marriage to the college aged crowd, people tune out. But Elder Scott did such a great job in that he shared many personal experiences of his marriage to his wife Jeanine who passed away in the 90’s. It was more like a grandparent saying “look at how happy marriage can be, this is what I want for you”.
His talk also made me realize some things about myself that I want to change. He said that they never had an argument in their house, that harsh words were never said. I realize that I do have trouble with this and if I want to have a home like that someday, I have to start now to watch what I say and how I say it.

No comments: