Saturday, March 7, 2009

Utah - day 8

Can you believe that we are to this point already? I can't believe how fast time flies, especially when it is limited to begin with. I am really ready to be home, but I am so totally going to miss this place; Lori, her roommates and friends, and just the good time that we have all seemed to have.
Yesterday was the perfect Friday! It honestly seemed like a Saturday because we got to sleep in and then Lori made a killer breakfast: hot pancakes and a homemade strawberry sauce. She also made amazing strawberry milkshakes. She had one class at noon and I had a lot to do between the time I dropped her off and picked her up again. I came back to the apartment and looked up and wrote down directions, got ready (hair and make-up) and went and took care of the laundry. When she was done with class we went and met a friend and former missionary from PA for lunch! It was so much fun catching up with Jenni again. We ate at yummy Red Robin (5 alarm burger is amazing - just ditch the jalapenos) and talked and laughed; it was a wonderful afternoon.
After lunch, Lori and I ventured through the mall for a bit before returning home to get ready, yet again. I was getting ready to go to the Draper Temple Open House and Lori was going on a date. We both had wonderful evenings and had fun getting home to tell each other about our nights. We used to love to have time at home to talk like that, so it has been fun to do it here as well. It was my last Friday night and it was a little bittersweet because I really don't want it all to be over with. The only consolation I have is that it won't be the last time that I have to come to visit.

No comments: