Sunday, March 8, 2009

Utah - day 9

Well, only a day to go! I still can't get over how quick the time has flown.
Yesterday was probably the best day so far, in it's own way. We were able to meet up with Shantell and Heidi from my second semester at BYU-Idaho. We had a blast eating breakfast together and catching up on everything that has happened since the last time we saw each other. Lori had a homework assignment to work on and we eventually started working on her taxes; a mighty task, but nonetheless, exciting (at least to me). We took a break in the afternoon to go to Costco with some of the girls who were preparing for break the fast. We made it back home after a couple of stops and Lori insisted on making me take a nap (thank goodness for a sister who is looking after me; I really needed it!). Last night, we had plans to go to a friends house to have dinner and to play games! It was such a fun time and a great way to spend a Saturday night. I had every intention of being home by 9:30, but we were having such a great time that we didn't even end up leaving until after 10:30. Somewhere along the way I caught my second wind and we stayed up until almost 2 am (before the time changed - so technically almost 3). It made for a rough start this morning, but we had a great time and it was absolutely worth the complete exhaustion for a great time.
I might as well write about today as well since I will be travelling tomorrow and won't really have time or the access to do it in the airport. Since Lori's ward had stake conference last weekend, it made today fast Sunday. It was interesting (to say the least) to be in a singles ward again. The one thing that I am thankful for is that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the same no matter where on earth I may be.
When we got home from church Lori again insisted that I take a nap, although it didn't take too much convincing on my part. When I woke up, Lori had made THE BEST LEMON ROLLS EVER! What a way to wake up; I wouldn't mind doing it more often. We went to the break the fast in the afternoon for dinner - Hawaiian Haystacks - super yummy. The only problem now is that we are all super full and everyone is sleeping - the exact thing that I am getting ready to do! So, pretty much that has been the trip! It has gone by very quickly and I am grateful that I have had the chance to come. Thanks to Lori, her roomies, and all of our friends for making this such a great and memorable trip! Hopefully it won't be another 2 years before I get to come back!
Happy Sunday!

No comments: