Thursday, March 5, 2009

Utah - day 6

Yesterday turned out to be one of the most awesome days ever. It wasn't that huge great things happened, but nothing went wrong and it was just a good day.
Lori let me borrow a book while I was here. I have never really considered myself a reader, but I know that when I find a great book that I can really get into, I can't put it down. That's the way I was with the book called "Dear John" by Nicholas Sparks. I read it in less than two days and still had time for everything else that I wanted. What a great story!
When I wasn't reading yesterday, Lori worked on homework and I searched the internet for just the right bread recipe. Of course I got so into my book that I forgot to start the bread so it could rise so we went to plan B and made breadsticks (it took less than 45 minutes start to finish!). Lori worked hard on her homework yesterday, trying to get everything done. Poor girl had 2 papers that were due today. She finished writing the one and when she went back to look at it, 2 of the pages out of one paper were completely gone, she had to rewrite those! But she did an excellent job and we had a great time. After we ate our dinner and dealt with some special people we met, we called one of our good friends, Loralie, to go to Coldstone Creamery with us. Tausha (Lori's roommate) also came with us. We had THE BEST TIME laughing and eating ice cream. I have waited over two years to have Coldstone again and it didn't disappoint. We actually ate our ice cream out side in the cold - it's a wonder we aren't all sick today.
We came back to the apartment after goofing off and Lori got back to her homework (she is SOOO good). Tausha wanted to go to the gym. It was past 9 pm and if you know anything about me, that is not the time to start going somewhere. However, I went with her and I am so glad I did. I have really missed my workouts at home and it felt good to move again. We had a really great time. When we were done, we started walking back to the apartment and decided that we weren't quite ready to go, so we went around the long way. It felt really great.
We got back to the apartment in time for lots of their fun friends to stop by - it was really a lot of fun chatting with everyone. I am really beginning to like it here, so much so that it is going to be really hard to say goodbye. Oh well, that's life and it is what it is. I guess the only thing to do now is make the rest of the time that I have here count.

No comments: