Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Foundations and Fingerprints

There is a lot going on right now and many big decision are being made. I've been doing a lot of pondering, planning, and praying and taking my best shot, believing that if I'm not on the right path, Heavenly Father will redirect me.

I had come to a decision about one of the weightier matters and then last night, as I sat working on homework, doubts and fears began creeping in. I said a silent prayer right then and there that if this was still the right decision that peace would return.

Almost instantly the following lyrics to a beloved hymn came to mind. It is the third verse of "How Firm a Foundation"

Fear not, I am with thee; oh, be not dismayed,
For I am thy God and will still give thee aid.
I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by my righteous, upheld by my righteous,
Upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand.
That was His plea to me, fear not! That is His promise, He is with me! I continued with my homework last night and am moving forward with my plans today. I'm seeing miracle upon miracle unfold in my life right now. I'm truly seeing evidence of the Lord's hand making things happen for me, yet another answer to my prayers.

No comments: