Monday, July 29, 2013

Need a Laugh??

Before I start this story there is something that you MUST understand. I have CRAZY hiccups. If you know me, you know what I'm talking about. If you don't, they've been described as everything from a pterodactyl, frog, a bird, the dog...you get the idea. And they are ridiculous!!

At the Pioneer Day activity we attended on Saturday night at the church, I sat next to a very clever and funny 10 year old girl. They announced that funnel cakes would be ready in about 20 minutes and we were all chatting about our favorite fried foods. Fried Oreos came up (I try not to think about them often...that's cruel and unusual punishment to myself) and this girl didn't seem very impressed by the idea. We talked further and by the time I finished, she seemed in favor of trying them.

I told her that I had a gift, that I could make ANYTHING sound good. Without ANY hesitation (and I'm still not sure how it all happened) she quipped back, "yeah, except a hiccup". Oh. My. GOODNESS!! Everyone sitting there was rolling with laughter!! To date, that is the best thing I've heard ANYONE say about my hiccups!! Amazing!

No comments: