Monday, April 15, 2013

For Such a Time as This!


Okay, I’m almost at a loss for words (that would be too much to ask for, I’m sure) with gratitude for the peace and understanding I’ve been receiving lately. As I’m sure we all do, we find ourselves looking at our lives, wondering what we’re doing, or how we got where we are, or wondering how to get out/move forward. I’ve gone through this cycle and have asked myself all of these questions, and then Heavenly Father helps me see…again…that He’s got it all under control. And I’m good for a little while, and then it starts again.

I’ve been on the up side of this cycle for the last couple of weeks. I’ve known that I need to be here, I’ve decided that, given the option to leave, I would still choose to stay, and that at this time I’m right where I need to be. But that doesn’t mean the human side of me just quiets down and I don’t have those thoughts. I started feeling that way again the other night and happened to be reading in the book of Esther where I read this verse:
4:14 “For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there aenlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father’s house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”

As I read that, it hit me…I have a purpose! I may not be here at this time just for myself. That’s not to say that I think I’m here to accomplish some great good, or make a huge difference in someone’s life, but we all have good to give, and there is always work to do.  What I do know is that for this moment, Heavenly Father wants me here “for such a time as this”. Maybe that “time” is an opportunity for me to learn from those that I am around right now. Whatever the “time” is, it is a time of growth, a time to work, a time to become! That gives me such comfort and brings me great joy!

 

No comments: