Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tuesday Morning Randomness

I am SOOO close to completely my February goal of going without chocolate for one month! It's CRAZY...I can almost taste it!! I made a cake last week and insisted on putting chocolate covered strawberries on top. That, my friends, is the ultimate test in will power. And no, I didn't eat a single one. However, after I was finished, I had some juice on my finger and I licked it off. What I didn't count on was the subtle taste of chocolate mixed in with it. I froze and immediately decided that I did NOT eat chocolate and ever since then I have been craving it like nobody's business. But I am stronger than my desires and I will complete this goal!

It's currently 8:30 AM and I'm sitting at my desk at work. I'm taking a short break because I have already been here almost 3 hours. It's WAY too early to be able to say that, at least in my opinion. I'll be here until about 7:30 tonight and will duplicate this schedule tomorrow. The good news is, by the time all is said and done, I will be just a few hours shy of completing my 40 hour week tomorrow afternoon, and with any luck at all I'll take Friday off...and sleep.

Speaking of sleep. Our cat claims my bed when I'm not in it. On this morning she climbed in where it was warm from where I was laying, I covered her up and she slept away...lucky duck.

And finally, I've been working on a project for months. Actually, I finished one a couple of months ago and FINALLY put it in the mail to a friend. But I still had the one for myself to do. I wanted to try another technique and I've been putting it off for the last longest, but Saturday I did it (and it ended up taking less than an hour to complete). Here they are...


No comments: