Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Grounded

I've been putting myself through a bit of turmoil. I have some MAJOR goals for myself and I want to get them going, but at least two of them require me to commit to staying in Waycross for the next 2 years at least, if not longer (depending on whether or not I attack the third one in that time). I guess that was sort of the plan when I decided to move here. My parents have no intention of moving again and if I want to be close to them, that means I'm here too.When asked what I plan for myself in terms of living somewhere long term, I can see myself living in Georgia long term, but not in Waycross. This causes a bit of a problem. I've been worried about it for a while, but seriously since Saturday. If I think about it too long I have a minor anxiety attack - it's ridiculous. I feel like committing to anything of the sort at this moment traps me in a situation I don't really want to be in and I can't ever get out. But as a wise woman I know tells me often, "You can do anything for a year". So, I am going to tell myself that for this year. And when next year rolls around, I'll have to say it again. But in the meantime, the paperwork is going and the plans are rolling forward. If I have to reevaluate somewhere in the process, so be it (I love when I sound confident and in charge...maybe I'll feel it soon too!).

No comments: