Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gratitude Challenge - Day 22: Repentance and The Atonement

I have always been grateful to have the opportunity to repent and to be clean again, but it hasn’t been until this year that I’ve really grasped what an amazing and wonderful gift it is. As I make mistakes, and I’ve made some doozies, I’m grateful to know that a loving Heavenly Father wants me to come to Him and repent, to forever leave those sins behind. I’ve been holding on to some things I realize have been holding me back. I see now that part of the reason I’m having trouble moving forward is that I’m stuck living in the past. The good news is that it doesn’t have to be that way. I am grateful for a loving Savior who gave His life for ME and for YOU! By choosing not to repent, of things big or small, we are not accepting the most precious gift. Accept that gift, let it work in your life (note to myself as well), move forward and experience full joy again.

No comments: