Sunday, November 18, 2012

Gratitude Challenge - Day 18: Prayer

I got to spend some time with one of my favorite kids recently. This little girl has a great routine for bed which includes saying her prayers. As I tucked her into bed one night, she asked if I would say prayers with her. She looked a bit disappointed and almost embarrassed as she looked at me and stated that she only knew one prayer. I told here that it was okay and she could say her prayer, but I felt so sorry that this little angel doesn't know that she can just pray to a loving Heavenly Father at any time, over anything; that there aren't just a few prayers to memorize.
I am grateful to know that I can pray and talk directly to Heavenly Father. As of late He and I have been communicating a lot more in depth as things happen in my life. I treasure that relationship and want to do whatever I can to keep those lines of communication open. I'm so grateful that He is always there to listen to me, to comfort me, to guide me.
I hope that I have the opportunity with this child to teach her about the importance of that relationship and to help her understand the blessing of prayer in her life.

No comments: