Saturday, November 17, 2012

Gratitude Challenge - Day 17: Mom!!

I know I already expressed gratitude for family, but today is my dear mother's birthday and it just seems fitting to pay special tribute to her today!
My mom is amazing!! She has put up with me for 26 years (and trust me, there are days I push her patience to the absolute brink - I really need to work on that). Several of those years were good, mostly the ones before I started talking and developed my own little attitude. :) I feel like there may have been times after they taught me to speak that they wish they had waited a bit. I have been talking ever since, and my wonderful mother listens to me! She listens as I tell her about the fun I have during the day, the stupid thing(s) I did, the hurt I may be feeling at the time, everything!
My mom spent a week with me in the hospital, no breaks, when I had my back surgery. She was in a lot of pain with her hips and she slept on an uncomfortable couch in my hospital room so she could stay with me. She taught me to feel the Spirit, but more importantly how to recognize and act on it. She taught me to serve with a smile, to work hard, to love music, to cook, to value family, and to put my relationship with Heavenly Father first and to do whatever it takes to be close to Him.
I love you, Mom!! Happy Birthday!! I can NEVER even begin to repay you for all you have done for me. I hope to be able to be half as good of wife/mother to my future family as you have been to us!!

No comments: