Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A Few Thoughts about the Election

It’s November 7 and the election is over. Life goes back to how it’s been, sans campaigns, which in my opinion isn’t a good thing. The person I voted for didn’t take office, but I still live in and love AMERICA! I feel privileged to live in this great nation. While the change I was hoping to see won’t happen in this 4 years, as a nation, and as latter-day saints in particular, “We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law”. Our force for good and our commitment to this belief can still be our quest.


To all the people who have started posting “it’s the last days” statements because of the outcome of the election, I mean no disrespect when I say, “duh”! I couldn’t agree more, but it isn’t because of this outcome that I believe it. We’ve been told for quite a while that we are living in the last days. We see signs and prophecies being fulfilled all the time, and at an increased pace. This isn’t new…it’s just becoming more pronounced.

And lastly, the point that I’ve heard multiple times this week and think holds great value to us at this time is something President Thomas S. Monson (I think – I really need to check my sources before I speak) said: “Your future is as bright as your faith”. This shouldn’t shake our faith – this should cause us to bolster our faith and continue to do the things that we NEED to do. The Lord needs valiant servants, regardless of who sits in the president’s chair. It’s time to step up!

No comments: