Sunday, October 28, 2012

Right now

Thought of the day: Know who you are, know what you want, and live accordingly.

The reality: Tonight there's a hole where my heart used to be. I know it will heal, but in the meantime I wonder what I should have done differently.

As I struggle with this, I know who I want to become and feel quite an urgent need to get on the ball. So I know some of the doubt and pain I feel is Satan trying to make me falter, and I won't, I can't. But some of it, maybe a lot of it, I did to myself. But all of it can be used to help me help myself. I'm reminded of the verse in the Doctrine & Covenants that says that all of these things shall give thee experience and shall be for your good. All I can say is I sure hope so.

The fix: I took a few minutes and listened to an excerpt from Jeffrey R Hollands talk "Cast Not Away Therefore Your Confidence". While the reality doesn't change, I have confidence in the future.

No comments: