Sunday, September 9, 2012

Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls

A year or so ago I wanted to make cinnamon rolls, but was feeling a bit creative and made caramel apple cinnamon rolls. They weren't perfect then - bread didn't rise properly, the apples were too wet, the caramel not sticky enough (maybe my expectations were too high??), but the flavor was good. Well, my mom told my aunt about them once and she's requested them a time or two, but I've never made them. Well, yesterday was her birthday and I decided to finally grant her request. I give you the new and improved version of Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls. Please excuse the small picture - not sure what it's problem is today. 


These were DIVINE! I try not to eat before bed, or if I do I try to make it something healthy, but when these came out of the oven at 11:30 last night, I just had to have a bite...which became five, and it was worth it! After I filled the pan with the rolls, I still had the a portion of the "log" created from rolling the dough up for cinnamon rolls so I put it on a pan and baked it just how it was. That's what I tasted and it was heavenly. However, I recommend making this earlier in the day so you can enjoy them - and share them...and also have a glass of milk.

2 comments:

Yaker621 said...

And the recipe would be...?

Cristy said...

Bad news...I made it up and don't have an official recipe. I'll try to put something together and post it in the next couple of days. :)