Sunday, July 22, 2012

Conversations

It's been a busy couple of weeks; so much has happened!! When I came back from vacation I found out that my boss had been looking for my replacement and the next day they extended an offer. In the middle of all of that, I received a call from a recruiter for a job here in town and just over a week ago they extended a job offer. And, on top of all of that, I had to go to Utah to train my replacement. So here I am, back in town and kind of starting my life all over again and I'm really excited. Things really do all turn out for the best in the long run...and sometimes the short one.

While I've been traveling I've had a LOT of time to myself. Several lay overs, a couple of quiet nights alone in the hotel, and long rides in the car. I've had time to really look at my life and appreciate all of the good things I have and that have happened to me, specifically since the beginning of the year. On this trip I recommitted to myself to be better, to live worthy of all that I've been given.

Last night I couldn't sleep. You'd think after only getting an hour and half of sleep the night before that sleep would come easy, but at midnight I was still lying in bed, wide awake. I opened the Mormon channel on my iPod and found the Conversations sections. I've listened to several before and have loved them! Last night I listed to the one featuring Elder L. Tom Perry and his wife, Barbara. It was exactly what I needed. It didn't really help me sleep - I finished the entire episode and then read some of a book, but inspired me and gave me much needed inspiration. If you have a few minutes (or several), I highly recommend this!

http://mormonchannel.org/conversations/4

No comments: