Friday, April 6, 2012

Called To Serve


I’m doing some serious back pedaling to cover some of the BIG events of the last few weeks. I found out March 28th that I got my dream job of working from home. That day was also a HUGE day for Lori.
I got a phone call at about 4:30 with Lori on the other end screaming what sounded like:

“CristygethomerightnowmymissioncallishereandyouneedtogethomesoIcanopenit”.

 I followed up with something clever like “What??” 

She told me again and this time I understood. The time had come. The large white envelope that determined the next 18 months of her life had arrived.
Our friends showed up. Parents were on the phone and webcam. She opened the letter and she read ahead – you could see it on her face. With one of the biggest smiles I’ve ever seen, she read :

“Dear Sister Crawford, You have been called to serve in the Arizona Tempe Mission”.

She reports July 5th and will be missed so much! I am so proud of this girl woman. She is so ready for this. I know she will be an amazing missionary and will do so much good.

Again, I’m the luckiest girl in the world. Not only am I the sister of such an amazing person, I got to spend the last 2 years as her roommate. Sure, there were some pretty stressful times (probably because of me), but there were so many fun times, good memories, and experiences that most people don’t ever get to have with a sibling. She has taught me so much and I am a better person because of this time. I seriously want to be like her when I grow up.

I love you Lori and I’m so proud of you! Don’t ever forget it! I'll miss you while I'm gone...and then while you're gone. 

No comments: