Monday, January 2, 2012

Who I Am

A few weeks ago I was struggling with defining myself and who I viewed myself as. I had this vision in my head of who I wanted to be but looking at myself at that time, all I was coming up with was that I was an HR Rep. I knew there was more, but that was how I viewed myself. I had a moment of thought where I realized that who and what I am today does not have to be who and what I am tomorrow.  So, that day I thought of myself “just” as an HR Rep. Today, I realize that I am so much more. I work as an HR Rep. I AM a daughter of a Heavenly Father, as well as the daughter of my wonderful parents here on earth. I AM a sister. I AM an aunt. I AM a granddaughter. I AM a niece. I AM a visiting teacher. I AM compassionate. I AM creative. I AM trying to be better. I AM a friend. I AM…  
I have potential. The things that I don’t like about myself I can change. The traits that I want to posses I can work on. I have the ability to BECOME all of these things and more. The only person truly standing in the way of my becoming is me. I am the one setting limits for myself. I am the only one who can break them.
And, for your listening pleasure, a lovely song entitled “Who I Am” by Jessica Andrews.

No comments: