Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Becoming

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about becoming the woman I want to be. In Young Women’s they taught us to make lists of what we wanted in life and who we wanted to be, what traits we wanted to possess. I always did that but then would conveniently lose the list, or I wouldn’t be committed to it. Obviously if I had a list I had the desire to make changes to become something better, but it hadn’t made it to the action phase. Recently, I’ve decided that the time for action is now. I’m great at saying “When such and such happens, then I’ll do/be…” It usually relates to becoming a wife and mother. For example, I have said “when I’m a mom, I’m going to be great at sewing”. Well, I’ve recently taken up sewing and it is not something you just pick up and do on day one. I’ve done a couple of projects and I’m learning, but I wouldn’t consider myself good, yet. I’ve learned and have decided that I want to do and be now what I want to do and be later, regardless of where I find myself in this life.  This spans all attributes from creativity, to communication, to….well, you get the idea. So, the gist of this year’s resolution list is to BECOME and may the becoming never end!

No comments: