Friday, January 27, 2012

Making Decisions


Another quote find on Pinterest! This is amazing advice and I think this is going to become my personal mantra. There are times when I have big decisions to make that I know what I want to do and become, and like clockwork, once the decision is made, there is always at least one person that has to come out and say "no, you don't want to do that", or they want to question you as to why you came to that decision. There have been times where I've listened to that other person instead of to what I wanted. However, there have also been times where I heard the reasoning behind what the person was saying, and then was able to evaluate my decision and it further solidified in my mind the reasons I came to that decision. Regardless of the situation, I can look back over my life and I have no regrets as to how things have turned out. Granted, things haven't turned out at all like I had planned, but they have turned out like they should have. I know that amid all of my thoughts and decisions, Heavenly Father, through the promptings of the Holy Ghost, has guided and directed me as needed, though I have felt at times that He has let me go on my own, knowing that I was on the right path. That gives me confidence to continue making decisions; small decisions and BIG decisions.
Also, we went and saw the movie "We Bought a Zoo" the other night and it contains my new favorite quote: "You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it." So, here's to courage. The courage to make decisions. The courage to follow your heart. The courage to move forward!

No comments: