Monday, January 23, 2012

Friends


The older I get, the more I realize just how lucky I am to have good friends. Growing up we moved several times. Each of those times I said good-bye to my friends and made promises to keep in touch. That lasted for about 3 days and then I decided that I wasn’t good at staying in contact with people. I don’t know what it is…I love all of the friends I’ve had and maintained over my life, I’m just not good at staying connected. Now, though, looking to the future of watching friends graduating, getting married, or just moving away, I understand what it is to have good friends. So, to all of the great people and many friends I’ve met over the period of my life, thank you for being there for me. Your warm smiles, the good laughs, accepting me for who I am and all of my quirkiness, for knowing when I needed a hug, for suggesting random outings and shopping excursions, for your great examples, for being willing to just sit and talk, for introducing me to new and wonderful activities, for suggesting that I was better than I imagined myself to be, for seeing the potential I had. I am who I am today because of your influence on me. Words will never fully explain how I feel or how grateful I am for you, but know that no matter where life takes us, I will always be grateful for the time I had with you.

No comments: