Saturday, January 14, 2012

Because He Loves Us

We had an FHE lesson on Monday night with our ward and the lesson was on the love our Heavenly Father has for us. The girl giving the lesson asked how we know that he loves us. We cited scriptures and we talked about the evidences of his love for us. For our opening song we sang the primary song My Heavenly Father Loves Me. The words go like this:
Whenever I hear the song of a bird,
Or look at the blue, blue sky
Whenever I feel the rain on my face,
Or the wind as it rushes by
Whenever I touch a velvet rose,
Or walk by a lilac tree
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world
Heavenly Father created for me.

He gave me my eyes that I might see the color of butterfly wings
He gave me my ears that I might hear the magical sound of things
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart I thank him reverently
For all His creations of which I'm apart.
Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me.

I couldn't have said it any better. This week I've tried to notice all of the little things that I take for granted. I noticed the snow capped mountains. I noticed the beautiful sunsets as I drive home from work. I appreciated more the people around me. I felt pure joy at the blessing of being able to spend time serving in the temple.

These are things that have always been in my life, but I really noticed and appreciated them and I realized that these are things that He doesn't have to give me, but He does. And why does He give me these things? Just because He loves us!

No comments: