Sunday, September 26, 2010

Great in 8

Pretty catchy, huh? Well, the company I work for is starting a new health and wellness initiative. Over the course of the next 8 weeks, they are having a competition with the first place prize a two night stay at a resort in Park City. Once I heard that, I was all up for this competition. After I read the list, I figured this is stuff that I can do. There is a list of 10 things (worth 1 pt each) that you should do every day. Basically, each week you mark down what you completed and then, at the end of 8 weeks, whichever team has the most points wins.
So, in case you want to join along in the fun (by the way, it is only Monday through Friday- weekends are free!) I have included the list below.
1. Eat 5 servings of fruits/veggies
2. Drink 6 (8 oz.) glasses of water
3. Get 7 hours of sleep
4. Exercise 30 minutes
5. No carbonated drinks
6. No "sweets"
7. No "unhealthy" foods
8. No eating after 8:30 pm
9. Eat 2 servings whole grains/legumes
10. 10 minutes of personal time (doing something you enjoy for yourself)
Program runs from September 27 through November 19!! If you're doing this too, let me know. I'm all for supporting each other!!

No comments: