Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Lessons

Do you ever have those moments when you do something, and then have the thought 'maybe I shouldn't have done that'? Well, I did yesterday. I had a dentist appointment (yuck! ouch!) and they gave me a lot of Novocaine (pretty good stuff - sort of). I came home after an hour and a half in the hot seat and collapsed on the couch, certain that I was going to sleep it off. Then the phone rang. It was our home teacher, the sailor, inviting us to go out for a couple of hours - my father has been plotting a fishing trip on the boat and it was the perfect night. I originally decided I wasn't going to go because, let's face it, I was totally out of it. At the last minute I decided to go along for the ride. I was doing good, and then we got on the shuttle boat. Being in the boat wasn't that bad, it was standing up and trying to move on the water that was a problem. I have trouble standing up straight and walking on dry ground; I don't need any help in that department. Luckily, I got to sit still most of the evening and it was a most enjoyable trip!
In other news, today is my birthday and I gave myself a birthday present! I am officially a college student again and I couldn't be happier! Granted, writing out that check was not as memorable, but ultimately worth it. The other perfect gift is that 15 of my credits from BYU-Idaho transferred - so I am down a full semester of work. Yippee!

No comments: