Sunday, June 7, 2009

Therapy

I just saw this quote on my sidebar; it's by C.S. Lewis and I absolutely love it! It is now my therapy quote - you know, that one eye opening comment that helps to either define or solidify your position/belief in, well, whatever.
"It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad."
It's been almost 3 weeks since I started 'the project' in my room. It has changed a lot since we finished the painting but I think everything has made it to a more permanent arrangement. I have been clearing out all the old junk and the fun memories and now, to my amazement, I have open spaces in my room and I don't know what to do with them exactly. I still have stuff that needs to be put away but I am having trouble thinking of redistributing the stuff in my clean space. I guess I'll just have to get over that one. The good news is that I have almost all of my stuff out of Lori's room - it looks almost liveable again, so COME HOME LORI!! Oh, and if you haven't heard, she is coming home in just over a month. She and her roommate Tausha (hi Tausha) will be visiting for a week and I just can't wait!!! It's going to be a party here. (Pretty sure I might be 'sick' (cough, cough) one day, but I would never really do that).

If you're wondering what she is doing this summer, take a look at these...

Lori didn't come home this summer so she could stay and work as a cake decorator. This is what she gets to do everyday. This cake, however, was not for work. She made this cake FOR FUN after she got home from work. What can I say? She is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

So here we are again, on the edge of another fun and exciting week. I hope yours is great, too.

No comments: