Thursday, June 11, 2009

Grateful

Have you ever had those moments when, amidst whatever you're doing, everything in the world seems so much clearer and out of the blue you understand something, or maybe you know what you want to do, or something like that. I have been having a week like that. I don't know what it is exactly, but I feel incredibly empowered, like I'm really on the right track with my life. I know what I want to do, who I want to be. I know mostly how I am going to accomplish it and I have some really big lifelong goals that I'm working on. I have some really positive things going on that truly outweigh the negative and I just feel good. That isn't to say that I don't think about things too much and confuse myself, but when I can clear my mind and focus a little bit better, everything makes sense and I know that what I'm doing is right for me. Oh, how I wish I could remember that 24/7.
I have a whiteboard behind my door in my bedroom that I put quotes and reminders on, things that make me smile, and some that just remind me to do something. I recently updated it with some new statements and now, every time I shut my door, I see these new phrases that give my life purpose and meaning. So, I guess that at this very moment, despite the turmoil of the workplace and the weird world in which we live, I personally have peace and for that, I am GRATEFUL.

No comments: