Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Cows

I've been having all sorts of fun lately, some of it real fun, some of it sarcastic 'fun', but all in all, things are great and I am really happy. I am happy that today is the holiday known as Tuesday and that my work week is now half over. Today I got an added boost of excitement as I drove into the parking lot at work. There are two doors on the loading dock side of the building; the first is ours and the second is primarily for the company we share with upstairs. As I was making the turn to the back of the building, I saw what I thought was a cow - wait, could that be??? This is not farm country, nor is this a farm. What on earth would a cow be doing here? And if it was a cow, what was it doing going into our building? The only option would be to put it in the elevator or make it take the stairs and I really couldn't imagine either option. So, I ran inside (seriously, I don't think I have ever been so anxious to get to work) and asked one of the people that sits near me if he saw a cow this morning. He said he had but that it was parked out back. I told him that, in fact, the cow was in the building. Of course, nobody believed that the cow could be in the building, basically because of the elevator/stairs dilema. A few moments passed and my manager walked into the office and I asked if she had seen the cow because I knew she arrived before I did. She looked at me like I had six heads, 'a cow, here?' she asked. 'Are you sure it was a cow?' So, being the smart woman she is, she said, 'let's go for a walk'. We went to the offices on the other side of the building and the property manager was there and asked if we had seen the cow; I was right! He explained that it was their bosses 50th birthday and that he is obsessed with cows (no joke, the man has those gi-normous Cow Parade cows (life-size) in his office, as well as one in their main lobby), so they rented him one for the morning! They set up a pen right in his office and put her in it (and if you're wondering, there were tarps on the floor, just in case...) We got to go in and see her; it made me incredibly happy and I've been smiling ever since. What a classic idea! I'm going to have to do that one day... If nothing else good happens today, it doesn't really matter - I'm all set.

No comments: