Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Funny thought

I have a ton of friends who have recently had babies and it has been so much fun reading everyone's posts about how quickly their children are growing up. Today as I was reading though, I was struck with a thought that literally made me laugh out loud. On every blog I have read today, there was an update of height and weight, all the new things the baby can do and some funny stories about having children. As I was reading the stats on some of these children - I thought how incredibly funny if parents did that for their teenage/adult children. Can you just imagine..."At 25 year-old check up, Scott was 6'2" and 190 lbs", all followed by what new ability he has discovered and a picture of a funny face. All I can say is that I'm glad that my parents DON'T do that.
In other news, the quilt is completely complete and I will be posting pictures soon.
Have you ever read the book "If you give a mouse a cookie"? Basically, if you give a mouse a cookie, he's going to need a glass of milk, and it continues a chain reaction of needs based on what you gave him. Well, if you give me (or let me help you make) a new quilt, I'm going to need a new color on the walls, and once that is done, I will have to rearrange the furniture. So, we spent yesterday, Memorial Day, painting my bedroom (I will also be posting before/after pics...one day). It went from a beautiful sky blue color with clouds on the ceiling to a bright, summery yellow. The furniture has also been moved - I'm still not sure if I like it or not, but luckily, that is a lot easier to change than say, repainting because I didn't like the color, right?

No comments: