Thursday, April 23, 2009

I'm learning...

The list is long of the things I currently don't know how to do, although I am trying. Monday was Patriot's Day in New England (yay!!! for random days off) so my wonderful mother helped me learn to....SEW! I made an apron! For some of you, you may be thinking "hello?!?!, doesn't everyone", or, "you're just now learning", or "sewing - why do you need to learn that?". At any rate - the mission was successful. It didn't take me very long at all. I learned (or maybe just realized again) how much of a perfectionist I am when it comes to craft projects, or any project really. I like to follow patterns (if I can figure them out), recipes, rules, whatever you've got - and I DON'T like to stray from said instructions. I finally realized while making my apron that - this was MY project, it was MY apron, on I would be wearing it - so who cares? Once I realized that it was smooth sailing - I actually got into it A LOT!!
After I finished my apron we pulled out the quilt we started a couple of months ago and finished sewing the top layer together. At this moment there is a quilting frame in our living room just waiting to be sewn up - our lives for the next few days, uh - weeks?, I mean months?? Sure hope not! Pictures of both projects coming soon.

No comments: