Thursday, November 6, 2008

One more thing...

In case you haven't figured out yet, I love food. I love to read all recipes, I love to try new recipes, and occasionally I'll even try the new food (as opposed to fixing the new food, and going for the norm while everyone else tries it). The other night I finally got to try making my own batch of Apple Cider Donuts. I got the recipe for Home Made Simple. So Yummy! We got through frying half of the batter and realized that there was no way we were going to be able to eat them all and didn't want to waste the time frying them (besides - the oil was getting icky). We cut out the rest and then baked them. I highly recommend trying them this way. The texture and flavor are quite a bit different, I personally loved them. The baked ones were definitely better for reheating in the microwave. Try it - I think you'll love it.

No comments: