Monday, October 27, 2008

The BEST news EVER!

(At least in my life) Lori is coming home for Christmas!! There was concern that she wouldn't make it, but she's really coming. YAY!! for SISTER'S time again. It's funny; as I think about our childhood I realize we weren't always exactly 'kind' to each other (that may be the BIGGEST understatement I have ever made). Fortunately we have both grown out of that stage and now, we may have disagreements, but at the end of the day, there is no one that I would rather spend time with, in person when possible or over the phone long distance.

3 things I absolutely LOVE about my sister:

She is INCREDIBLY talented - a true artist. She can see things the way that she wants them to be, not just the way they are, or the way a pattern or recipe says it should be. I freak out if I don't have the exact number of stitches in a sewing project or the exact and correct amount of a certain ingredient. Lori can see how other things can fill it's place and turns whatever it is into an incredible masterpiece. She has an amazing nack (I've never actually used that word in print before) for making whatever she is working on BEAUTIFUL!!

She has a BIG heart - always full of joy! Lori can love ANYBODY!! and she does! She has a way of making anyone feel that they are important and loved. If I'm having a bad day, she listens to me and doesn't usually try to 'fix' my problem - she just listens. She is SOOO happy and finds joy in the journey ALWAYS!

She is a finisher. I can't hardly think of a time when Lori didn't finish whatever she started. If she says she's going to do something, by golly - it'll be done (with the exception of the picture of the flowers - I'm still waiting).

Hope you can see why she's my FAVORITE!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Oh dear, oh dear! I love you silly sister of mine. I really really do! :) So I think you are the best! I would call you right now but I am in the library:( lame excuse huh? Love ya!!!!