Monday, October 21, 2013

Must Be His Favorite

At the beginning of the semester in my Family Foundations class, we were instructed to complete a Provident Living Project in addition to our standard course load. I was panicked about this because I knew I was already going to be busy and I wasn't sure how it would all work out. But then the first project came and it was implementing/improving a scripture study program in my life. I was totally already on that because of my goal to read the Standard Works cover to cover. Check!

Then Project 2 came and I was nervous again. This time it was working on health, nutrition, and fitness. Another slam dunk thanks to my goal to walk 500 miles and working on losing weight with Weight Watchers (I seriously don't give enough good plugs for them considering all the good they've helped me accomplish)!!

That brings me to today. I happen to know that this week is CRAZY busy and I hadn't even seen my homework list for the week when I made that determination. I also knew it was time to start the next project. I took a deep breath, said a little prayer, clicked on the assignment tab. This week...
BUDGETING!!
I NEVER thought that I would be excited about anything to do with budgeting, but at the YSA conference I attended in August one of the speakers spoke about budgeting, living within our means, and even mentioned a cash system. Well, I took the ideas he gave, looked at my own situation and formulated a plan that would work for me. Since August I have been doing GREAT, if I do say so myself. I still have some room for improvement, and that's what I get to focus on for my project!!

As I sat in front of my computer reading this assignment, I was so incredibly humbled. Heavenly Father has been preparing me for this all along! I thought I was making all of these goals and changes because I was focusing on the woman I wanted to become, and that is true. But what I see now is the hand of a loving Heavenly Father who has guided me to make these choices at the necessary times to make all of this come to be. I may not know everything, but I KNOW that Heavenly Father loves ALL of His children. And though it may be a bit selfish, today I feel like I might be His favorite (but I'm willing to share the title tomorrow). :)

No comments: