Friday, July 26, 2013

Another Beginning

I attended a beautiful funeral service yesterday for a dear lady in our ward (our local church congregation). I didn't know her very well, but she was a great example and role model, someone I looked up to. I'm a people watcher by nature, and I never realize how much someone has influenced me until they are gone. She was incredibly gifted in music, and that's most of what I personally knew of her. I learned a lot more about her yesterday at her funeral.

As the service went on and we remembered her, it was nice to remember that this life isn't the end. When we leave this life it's not an end, rather another beginning. Our spirit continues living, we continue progressing. So, even though she has left us for the time, it's not "good bye", it's more of an "until we meet again". I'm so grateful for the knowledge that physical death is temporary and that through the Atonement and resurrection of Christ, we can live again. If you want to know more, click here.

No comments: