Thursday, March 7, 2013

Popcorn Popping

 
In my ward, I'm currently the Primary Music Leader. It is such a fun calling. It is also a very exhausting calling! There are days when the kids are so rowdy and hyper I feel like nothing is getting through, especially with the little ones.
 
The first Sunday in Primary this year, I taught the sunbeams "I Am a Child of God". One of the moms took a video later that week of her little 3 year old singing that in the car. And I cannot tell a lie...it made me happy.
 
We recently sang Popcorn Popping and it's a new favorite, especially for the little ones (let's face it, it gets old for the older children).
 
I try to make it to the church to practice the organ every Wednesday night since it is the only time besides Sunday mornings that I have access to the organ. Occasionally one of my favorite little people will come and want to sing with me. Last night was really a treat. This little one "learned" to play the organ and was singing her rendition of Popcorn Popping!! She is too cute!! I give her a few years and she can replace me on Sundays. :)
 
 
 


No comments: