Friday, March 29, 2013

BBQ Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Several weeks ago my brother and sister in law and the kids came to spend the day with us. RJ suggested that we make dinner that night for everyone. We had both seen on Pinterest people making Jalapeno Popper Sandwiches and they looked SOOOO good! So that's exactly what we did!
 
A couple of weeks later, I was craving the deliciousness that is this sandwich! We also had leftover pulled pork BBQ (seriously, my dad make the BEST BBQ ever!!) and I wanted that too, but I couldn't decide, so I came to the ONLY logical conclusion...BOTH!
 
I didn't follow the original recipe for the Jalapeno Popper portion of the sandwich, but I will let you in on what I did for this one!
 
Take two slices of your favorite bread, or a bun, or whatever medium you prefer to use. I am pretty sure I used an Orowheat Thin Sliced Bun (I think I just made that name up!), toasted. I put 1/2 tablespoon of cream cheese on each slice of bun. I then added two jalapenos that had been cooked until very soft (yes, they were also cleaned out to remove some of the spice), one on each side. Then I put in the BBQ. Put both slices together and YUMM-O! I'll definitely be doing this one again!
 

No comments: