Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sunday Drive

Sunday afternoon in Provo was BEAUTIFUL!! Sunny and warm (50's is warm here) and no snow on the ground. It was son nice that Lori, Shelly, and I decided to go for a drive up Provo Canyon to Vivian Park. We actually drove all the way to the end of Vivian Park. On the way we saw turkeys (most of them were in the road and we had to wait for them to move. By the time I remembered I brought my camera, most had hidden in the bushes on the other side of the road. But, you can see a few of them.


 (Why did the turkey cross the road??)

There is still quite a bit of snow in some areas up the canyon. On the drive up, I was telling Shelly of our family's tradition to run barefoot in the snow on New Year's Eve. I joking suggested that we should do it this day, having NO intention of actually doing it. While I was out taking pictures of the turkeys, Lori and Shelly got out of the car behind me and I hear Shelly and Lori say "well, here's a good a place as any". I turn around and they are standing next to a snow bank. I tried to back out, I used the excuse that I needed to be the photographer, anything that would keep my toes nice and dry (I can't say warm because we thought since it was so nice in the valley that we would be fine wearing flip flops). They weren't having any of it and the next thing I hear is "one, two, three...jump!" 

Since they made me jump in, I made them stand still for a photo.

 The evidence of our temporary insanity.

We had to stop a few more times for some beautiful shots. I love being in these mountains, even in the winter.




And, one last picture. As we're driving back down the mountains, Shelly calls out from the back seat "DEER". How she even spotted it I'll never know. Keep in mind this was taken at full zoom.

No comments: