Thursday, January 12, 2012

By Small and Simple Things

I was reading in The Book of Mormon the other night. I was in Alma 37, verse 6 which says, “Now you may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.” The thought occurred to me that life is made up of small and simple moments and decisions that bring about a great future or result.
Sometimes I find myself making goals or plans that are HUGE and, let’s face it, completely unattainable as it is. But if I break it down into smaller segments, I can accomplish that huge item. Likewise, I have mega goals for my life, but they are attainable all at once, nor are they complete in one instance, rather, the goals I have for my life are the culmination of every single day. Some days I succeed, while other days, not so much. However, I know that when I look back over my life I will see that those little moments and experiences, both the successes and the “failures”, will have molded me into the person I will be…the woman I am dreaming of today.

No comments: