Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Power of Love

For the last several months, I have been filling in on the piano at church when people have not shown up, and I've also been playing for the ward choir. It has been such a fun time; stressful, but fun. Two weeks ago, the bishopric had made some new callings and people had been assigned to both of these positions, which was wonderful! The timing, however, couldn't have been worse. I struggled that week feeling that I was "enough"; I just kept selling myself short. By the time Sunday rolled around, I was looking for comfort and peace and got anything but. I fully anticipated the coming changes, but in the moment, I hadn't prepared myself for the actuality of it all. When I got to choir, I was told that someone else would be playing from here on out. Under normal circumstances, that would have been fine. In fact, it was fine - I was just emotionally...unstable...that day. I'm completely embarrassed to say I started to cry and had to excuse myself for a few minutes. After I pulled myself together (haha) I went back in to choir. I did my best to stop from crying, but then as we started to sing, I really paid attention to the words of the song that we had been practicing; the song that I had been playing for over a month. The song is "I Feel My Savior's Love". 
In the moment that I was feeling so worthless. In that moment, I felt my Savior's love, the love He freely gives me! As I sang this hymn, my heart was healed, and the tears of joy flowed freely. I have included a video of this song as performed by the Orem Institute of Religion Choir. I hope that as you listen to it, you will feel the love our Savior offers.

No comments: