Sunday, October 25, 2009

In the kitchen

At the recommendation of Jenny from Picky-Palate I went in search of Pumpkin Spice Kisses from Hershey. I finally found them at Target in the Halloween section. On a whim, and in a moment of weakness/desperation (take your pick), I purchased 4 bags. I was pleasantly surprised to find out how much I truly love this wonderful creation from Hershey's.

Today, while waking up from a much needed Sunday afternoon nap, I had a moment of inspriration. I got up and ran into the kitchen to put this together before the thought left me completely.
I am calling it...Toasted Coconut Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies Treats. You will need:

Toasted Coconut Marshmallows - have you tried these. Please, go get some of these ASAP!
A few of these, and then if you are unsure if you have enough, add a few more.

You will obviously need Rice Krispies cereal, or other cereal of your choice. Melt the marshmallows, a small bit of butter and the Kisses together in a microwave-safe bowl. Do this in short intervals so as not to overcook the marshmallows. Once the mixture is smooth and melty, stir in the cereal; combine well. Place on a pan lined with aluminum foil (easy clean up).

It may not look like much in this picture, but it is definitely one of the best treats I have had in a while. I'm not a huge fan of Rice Krispies treats in the first place, but I think it is safe to say that these will not last long (luckily - I only made 1/6 of a batch).

---------

I don't actually have recipes for the next few things, but I was having fun and was feeling a bit creative. This is what can happen when you're hungry and have some extra time on your hands.

Pasta and veggie dish....thing
Fruit Kabobs

Boiled peanuts - not my creation, or idea. When my parents came back from Georgia they brought back A LOT of peanuts. Boiled peanuts are one of those things - you either love 'em or hate 'em.


There is one more creation in the works, but I won't post about it until after Tuesday - the Trunk or Treat activity at church...

No comments: